[GTALUG] Advice -- Building Debian 8 PC To Replace Win XP PC;

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 28 15:20:47 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:44:23PM -0400, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:
> The beautiful Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) case I have specified, is
> definitely brand name.

It does look very nice.  It violates just one of my case rules.  It has
a door in front of the optical drive.  I don't like those, because they
can break your optical drive if software ejected.  Of course if you don't
intend to have an optical drive which is very much a valid option these
days, then that doesn't matter, and it does make it look very clean.
I have been using the Silverstone TJ04-E myself lately.

> If I decide to build the Linux PC myself, before ordering I will confirm
> that the Fractal Design case comes with the "odds and ends".

Well I see their web page says:

Package contents

* Define R5 computer case
* User manual
* Accessory box

I would be very surprised if that box isn't full of screws and stuff.

--
Len Sorensen