[GTALUG] LinuxCon

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:57:57 EDT 2016

On 27 July 2016 at 22:38, Christopher Browne via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> On 27 July 2016 at 20:46, Alvin Starr via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>>
>> The $1400.00 or so to register is a bit of an impediment.
>

> Indeed!  I know there are people that volunteered for talks on the basis
> that speakers have fees waived.
>
> I went to OSCON in Portland a couple times with that as a pretty
> express part of the formula.

I'll be there.  I'm giving a talk, "A Journeyman's Tour of Vim" (
http://sched.co/7JWz ) that will be very similar to the one I gave at
TLUG a few months ago.  Giving a talk has two significant benefits: I
get in to an expensive conference I wanted to attend for free, and I
get to say I've presented at North America's biggest Linux conference.
I hope you'll attend the talk if you didn't see it at TLUG.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com