[GTALUG] 2 weeks on cell phone and chromebook... never again!

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 17:29:46 EDT 2016

On Jul 23, 2016 2:24 PM, "Loui Chang via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Sat 23 Jul 2016 12:54 -0400, Bob Jonkman via talk wrote:
> >
> > Evan wrote:
> > > Perhaps there are lessons in that
> >
> > What? That we should self-censor our conversations to keep the list
> > subscription numbers inflated? If so, where *do* we go to discuss
> > streetcar electrics or theodolites or the best place to buy blank Beta
> > tapes?
>
> Hehe yeah. Though it would be nice if there were more Linux related
threads on
> the list.

Perhaps in all the IoT news, Linux world domination has really happened and
all threads are now Linux related.

OTOH This is a local mail list who's membership seems to be quite far
reaching geographically, so why not topically as well?

My general impression is that on this list young and old, expert and tyro
and those in between, ask questions and express insight's in a mostly
civilized manner.

Does it get any better than that?

List users come and list users go but the information is what causes people
to join and perhaps also to leave.

It is an individual choice a person makes and there are no quotas to
achieve nor milestones to meet.

This is my 0.02ยข.

It is pretty easy to filter out stuff you might not be interested in or
even find objectionable.