[GTALUG] 2 weeks on cell phone and chromebook... never again!

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 20:44:34 EDT 2016

On Fri 22 Jul 2016 15:51 +0200, Evan Leibovitch via talk wrote:
> Sheesh, sometimes in this list feel like I'm in a retirement home sitting
> around a circle of people complaining about Elvis and self-serve elevators.

Back in the 70s I built a ham radio computerizer machine...

> "Real men don't use HTML email"?.... pfffft. Get over it.
HTML is bad enough on the web hehehhe.

> I can enter text on a screen without taking my finger off the glass

Can you enter text on a touchscreen while keeping your eyes off the
touch keyboard? Tactile feedback offers a huge advantage.

> The only times where I really like a full keyboard and pointer is for
> typing long documents, and creating things that require greater pointing
> precision than the tip of my finger (which, in my case, mean a Cherry Brown
> keyboard and trackball instead of mouse). But such creative work takes but
> a fraction of my total time interfacing with computing devices.

You essentially say here that keyboard and pointer are better than touchscreen.

> A Samsung phone in the hands of a good photographer will produce more
> desirable results than a dork with a Hasselblad.

Yeah but a pro can do even more/better with pro tools.