[GTALUG] 2 weeks on cell phone and chromebook... never again!

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:45:25 EDT 2016

On Jul 20, 2016 6:59 AM, "James Knott via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On 07/19/2016 10:56 PM, William Park via talk wrote:
> > These are just expensive toys.
>
> No, it's just a matter of the appropriate tool for the job.  As much as

I agree with that. If there were no smart phones my bank probably would not
have thought to create an app which allows me to deposit a cheque the
moment I take it out of the envelope.

> I prefer to use my desktop computer for email, there are times when it's

I'm actually using my phone more and more. I am a touch typist (qwerty) but
the old primal hunt and peck is still with me. I usually have autocorrect
off but suggestions on.

Also, It's nice to take a break from sitting and I think the constant
movement of the device while I peck is reducing eye strain by working eye
focus just that little bit more.

> useful to be able to use my phone for it.  I use my tablet frequently
> for reading books etc.  I also play music through my phone or tablet.

I find reading more difficult. I read a lot of PDF files. I wish someone
would perfect reflow for Android.

Sent from mobile.