[GTALUG] Are you on the watch list?

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:04:12 EDT 2016

On 17/07/16 07:06 AM, James Knott via talk wrote:
> On 07/17/2016 12:11 AM, Daniel Villarreal via talk wrote:
>>> Then, in the 80s we had Reagan and his trickle down nonsense.
>> "We ?" What state are you from?
>>
>> I have always felt proud to have had President Reagan as a
>> President and as a leader.
>
> I live in Canada, which gives an interesting perspective on the
> U.S..

 I also live in Canada, and I have an interesting perspective on the
U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Perhaps we can discuss this over a beer
sometime.

> Back in the 80s Reagan claimed that by cutting taxes for the
> wealthy, they'd have more money to spend, which it would work it's
> way down to everyone else.  That is absolute nonsense as, by
> definition, the wealthy already have plenty to spend and there's
> nothing to keep
them > from doing so.

 I lived in the U.S.A. back then, and life was good. My Dad had his own
business.

> On the other hand they tend to be very good at hoarding wealth and
> cutting their taxes merely lets them hoard more.  Reagan was also
> such a "leader" that he stopped the U.S. from adopting the metric
> system, by killing the plan Carter had put in place.  I suppose
> your idea of leadership includes fortune tellers and Nancy's Ouija
> board.

You ever ask yourself why you're not speaking German today?

Is "they" part of your "we?"

I see a lot of Canadians still use the English system. Fine system,
nothing wrong with it.  Do you think the U.K. will go back to the
English system?

Alexander Thom, professor of engineering at University of Oxford,
excavated and surveyed megalithic structures in Scotland for about 50
years and asserted that Stone Age man built structures according to
lunar alignments with a standard unit of measure (Megalithic Yard)
that he felt he could identify to "within the width of a human hair."
It's one thing to come up with a standard unit, but how did Stone Age
man utilize this from the Hebrides to France? How could they have used
a standard unit of length accurately across a wide geographical area,
and maintain accuracy?
Farrell, Joseph P. Genes, Giants, Monsters, and Men: The Surviving
Elites of the Cosmic War and Their Hidden Agenda. Port Townsend, WA:
Feral House, 2011. pgs. 33-38. Print.

In my youth I was always taught that in the "old days," measurements
were by the length/width of a hand, hand, marching step, etc. Hmm

On the correlation of spheres between Megalithic units and English
system units...
5, 10, and 20 Megalithic ince-diameter spheres contain volumes that
are very close to the pint, gallon, and the bushel..." and "... [a] 6
Ml sphere holds a litre and weighs a kilo, so the 60 Ml sphere
10x10x10 times as much, holds a cubic metre and weighs a metric tonne...
"
Ibid. pg. 45.

> Other than Nixon's little problem, Reagan was the one who started
> knocking the Republican party off the rails, a process continued
> with Dubya and resulting in the nonsense that's currently going on
> in the U.S. election.

Reagan wasn't perfect, I'll admit, but I disagree with you. The
Republican party needed a man like President Reagan, he didn't need
them. He held up values that my family held, and I hope, continues to
hold.

Does it come down to cheering for the ones that rescinded
Glass-Steagall, or allowing businesses to innovate and sell? Who makes
jobs?

And it's not "Dubya," it's President Bush, thank you for maintaining
some decorum. President and First lady Reagan were a class act. I
won't dignify your insults with a response.