[GTALUG] Suggestions: A Book for a Beginner, new to the Linux Shell

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:03:19 EDT 2016

On Jul 17, 2016 8:21 AM, "Stewart C. Russell via talk" <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> A discussion came up in the Toronto Raspberry Pi Meetup* about
suggestions for learning to work in bash. We didn't come up with anything
much, but if you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful to hear them.

I reviewed a Thompson  guide for the old Newtlug group. 2000 was quite a
few years ago, but the book was aimed at beginners and quite well done. I
think it's still available online.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010723170926/http://tlug.ss.org/bookreview01.html

> cheers,
>  Stewart
>
> *: We had a demo of a Thing That Made Really Big Sparks, plus How Not To
Cool a Raspberry Pi 3. It was fun.

Sent from mobile.