[GTALUG] Are you on the watch list?

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:13:50 EDT 2016

<snip>
>> There is an implied warranty of serviceability which is attached to
every product in the market. Shoddy and inferior products increase
liabilities

> Like Cigarettes?
> Or Oil(think global warming)
> How about the people killed by various well known automotive  design
flaws?

Hindsight is always 20/20. The Pall Mall memos were what proved
manufacturers knew and hid certain facts about their products and the way
they marketed addictions.

Global warming is in order Cows, Chainsaws and Cars according to studies in
co2 emissions analysis in hindsight.

> Then there are people selling things like herbal supplements making
claims of cancer cures.

> I see your serviceability and raise you gross disregard for human life.

Gross disregard requires knowledge. The disaster in Bophal, where Union
Carbide should have known that the shantytown that built up around that
enterprise was at risk, is still under debate as to how the worst
industrial accident in history actually happened.

>> It took real balls for executives to take corporate jets to the meetings
where they requested their corporate welfare payments. That was a
monumental disservice to Enron and other employees who lost pensions.

> This is where rule2 is put before rule1
>>
>> > The guy who bought the low margin low volume drugs and increased the
prices by a few thousand times did the right thing.
>> > He is in jail not for breaking some other unrelated rules.
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here. He's in jail for not
breaking unrelated rules?

> sorry bad grammer.
> He is in jail not for the gouging but fore breaking some other unrelated
rules.
> Killing people by denying them their medicine is not illegal.
>

>> > Rule #2 is do whatever it takes to increase  your personal
compensation.

>> > With those 2 simple rules most all of the business events of the last
50 or so years make sense.

>> There is a global economic crisis unfolding. Part of the problem is the
number of untrained investors and unscrupulous advisors. The other part is
that there are two many professionals who don't work in what they trained
for but rather engage in property and other speculations.

> There are a number of problems.
> Its not the investors as such but the idea that the way to wealth is
investing and not by creating something of value like a product or service.

>> The real fact is that investing is an art and there are no simple rules.
The market has always been too volatile for such simplicities.

>> I have a friend, a lawyer and a smart guy. He took a year off from his
practice to work in the FOREX market. At the end of it he made $5.000.00
less than the previous year in a legal practice.

> The stock market is just legal gambling.
> The only way to insure you will win is to cheat.
> Investing without insider information is insane.
>

> -- Alvin Starr || voice: (905)513-7688 Netvel Inc. || Cell: (416)806-0133
alvin at netvel.net ||

Sent from mobile.