[GTALUG] Notebook Computer Recommendations

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Wed Jul 6 13:21:32 EDT 2016

On 07/06/2016 12:22 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 12:02:01PM -0400, Alvin Starr wrote:
>> [snip]
> Asus is generally good, although they have a tendancy to NOT put US
> keyboards on their laptops in canada anymore.  That is awful.
>
> They are also not nearly as durrable as a thinkpad.  They used to make
> durable ones (like th R1F for example.  That thing was a tank).

I have to admit I have been less than impressed with thinkpads.
I have a 1 year old thinkpad here that is less well designed than my
zenbook and not nearly as powerful.
It is running windows so I may be judging the performance unfairly.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||