[GTALUG] Fedora 24 Upgrade - Flawless 4k Support

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Tue Jul 5 17:53:58 EDT 2016

Hello All,

I did a fresh install of Fedora 24 on a new SSD and did not have to do
anything special for it to recognize the nVidia GeForce 960 video card
or my 40" Philips 4k monitor. The Nouveau driver worked without a hitch,
thus eliminating my dependency on the proprietary binary driver, not
that it was much of a hardship to deal with in Fedora 23.

The random flickering that I would see on a daily basis on a visible
part of a window that did not have focus that I used to see with Fedora
23 and the proprietary binary driver from nVidia has not happened in 24
hours of operation with Fedora 24.

One oddity was that try as I might, I could not get a USB key created
via Unetbootin in Fedora 23 to boot the Fedora 24 netinstall image so I
had to burn a CD and boot from that. I had previously used Unetbootin to
create a Fedora 24 Beta Live bootable device with the same key and it
had worked.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay