[GTALUG] Postfix question

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 11:34:57 UTC 2016

I am running a mailserver (Postfix, Dovecot, Spamassassin), and I have
some virtual alias maps that send some email to gmail addresses.

My question is, is there a way to see if postfix is forwarding the
email to the alias list *before* it runs the spam checking?  Because I
think it might be, which means that I am trying to send spam to gmail,
which they take a dim view of (refusing all connections an gumming up
my queue).

If this is happening, can I get postfix to weed out the spam before
running the virtual aliases?

Thanks!