[GTALUG] PHD-VRX2 Linux-based PVR to scrap

phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca
Sat Jan 23 20:38:52 UTC 2016

> | From: phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca
>
> | I have a PHD-VRX2 Linux-based PVR that is misbehaving and I've replaced
> it
> | with a ChannelMaster unit, so the PHD is being scrapped.
>
> How would you compare the two?

The ChannelMaster unit is physically much smaller - amazingly thin. And it
has a much better user interface. Operating it is much simpler than the
PHD-VRX2.

> I presume that neither let you hack the firmware.

No. But the PHD-VRX2 is fairly obviously Linux based, so if you can figure
out a way into the machine, you might be able to do that.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto