[GTALUG] First Impression: KDE Connect

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Sat Jan 23 16:07:20 UTC 2016

On 12/05/2015 03:51 PM, Scott Sullivan wrote:
> What is KDE Connect?
> =====================
>
>     KDE Connect is a project that aims to communicate all your devices.
> For example, with KDE Connect you can receive your phone notifications
> on your computer, or just use your phone as a remote control for your
> desktop. To achieve this, KDE Connect implements a secure communication
> protocol over the network, and allows any developer to create plugins on
> top of it.
>
> From: https://community.kde.org/KDEConnect

Just had one those 'that's really cool' moments.

I have my Phone paired with my desktop system. I also tend to use
Amarok, KDE's native music player, to stream internet radio. I just took
a phone call, and with out realizing, KDEConnect had stopped the stream.
I only noticed this once it automatically started it back up again after
the call.

I'm living in the future.

--
Scott Sullivan