[GTALUG] PHD-VRX2 Linux-based PVR to scrap

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 07:41:22 UTC 2016

Since I like to hack away at older equipment and keep it workable I had a
look at the website. There was a firmware update in August 2014, perhaps
this is what is needed here.

Sent from mobile.
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 03:39:34PM -0500, phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca wrote:
> I have a PHD-VRX2 Linux-based PVR that is misbehaving and I've replaced it
> with a ChannelMaster unit, so the PHD is being scrapped.
>
> It boots up (the display says 'boot') and then after a few seconds, it
> reboots itself again.
>
> If you're handy, you might want to have a go at fixing it. Or check with
> the company if they can fix it for a reasonable price. Or reprogram it
> with Myth TV ;).
>
> PrimeDTV Technologies, Inc.
> Anaheim, CA 92807
> Tel: (714) 630
> 630- -6899
> www.primedtv.com
>
> I have the user manual and can send it on request. Or you can get it here:
> http://www.epvision.com/HDTVSTB/phdvrx2main.htm
>
> Anyone want to take this away?

That looks pretty nifty.

If I could get such a thing working again my father in law might like it
(since he uses ATSC for all his television in Montreal).

--
Len Sorensen
---