[GTALUG] Thunderbird weirdness

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Mon Jan 18 13:05:44 UTC 2016

On 16-01-18 12:45 PM, Malgosia Askanas wrote:
> What do you think could be causing a message I received, whose source looks
> like this:
>
> The band saw is my go to for this. Are you using a fine tooth blade and is
> the blade tension correct?
> On Jan 17, 2016 2:24 PM, "daniel dold via puptcrit" <puptcrit at puptcrit.org>
> wrote:
>
>>    Robert I have bladerunner by rockwell, there is a lot of vibration, but
[snip]
> to display in Thunderbird like this: - ?
>
> The band saw is my go to for this. Are you using a fine tooth blade and
>     is the blade tension correct?A
>
>     On Jan 17, 2016 2:24 PM, "daniel dold via puptcrit"
>     <[1]puptcrit at puptcrit.org> wrote:
>
>       A  A Robert I have bladerunner by rockwell, there is a lot of
>       vibration, but

I'm not really sure. I've wondered about the number of emails I'm getting
that have an A with the inverted V like accent mark over top of it. I see
those odd characters all over a lot messages.

I can only think it is due to some bad or misconfigured email program, or it
could be someone sending an email in other than standard ASCII text  format
(but not in full HTML style).

For several reasons I always keep Thunderbird configured to treat all email
messages as containing standard text and not as (possible) HTML.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.