[GTALUG] Looking for a Sr. System Engineer in Markham

Ijaaz Ullah iullah at nightingalemd.com
Mon Jan 11 11:33:32 UTC 2016

Nightingale Informatix, Markham, Ontario (www.nightingalemd.com)

We're looking for a Sr. Linux Engineer to take on the daily management and operation of our next generation product platform.
http://www.nightingalemd.com/about/careers/?id=17

As a Sr. Linux System Engineer you will be responsible for day-to-day management of our infrastructure (production, staging, development and corporate IT). This includes Linux servers (CentOS), IIS, VMWare, cloud environments, SAN/NAS and network devices. The software stack includes Puppet, Apache, Ngnix, Jetty and PostgreSQL.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that their breadth in technical knowledge can harmonize with the business objectives and client needs.

Major responsibilities include:

- Day-to-day management of all systems
- Automating away daily chores
- Automating server builds and software deployment in our cloud environment
- Building tools and automation to help manage our systems more efficiently
- Managing our networks, including our many switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers
- Tuning Network and Systems performance
- Managing and tuning SANs, NASs, and backup system
- Participating in the on-call rotation for after-hours incident resolution.

The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with 8+ years of experience in the related field with a software or technology company and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 8+ years of progressive hands on experience in system administration in a distributed Unix/Linux environment
- Must have a College diploma or University degree in computer science or engineering, or must have relevant job experience
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux on the command line (includes bash scripting)
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have experience building, configuring and maintaining highly available enterprise Linux environments
- Must have experience building highly automated, scalable cloud environments
- Must have experience with a scripting or programming language (perl, c, python, etc.)
- Must have experience with an RDBMS database, PostgreSQL an asset
- Must have experience with networking equipment, architectures, protocols and troubleshooting tools (i.e. ping, dig, tcpdump, wireshark)
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools in a production environment, a large asset (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef, CFEngine, etc.)
- Experience managing a web site / web environment (Apache, Nginx, IIS)
- Experience with system and network monitoring and trending tools (Nagios, CollectD, Graphite, Cacti)
- Experience with database clustering and database performance tuning
- Experience with Java Application / Servlet management

Interested?  Please send resume/cover letter to jobs at nightingalemd.com

Ijaaz Ullah
Vice President IT & Privacy Officer

T: 905-307-3645
C: 416-566-6880
W: www.nightingalemd.com
E: iullah at nightingalemd.com

This message contains confidential information and should only be viewed by the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify iullah at nightingalemd.com immediately by e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake please delete this e-mail from your system. For additional information about our email terms & conditions click here<http://www.nightingalemd.com/about/email-disclaimer/>