[GTALUG] great boxing week ultrabook deal

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Thu Jan 7 16:03:42 UTC 2016

On 01/07/2016 10:41 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 06:18:00PM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>> > Almost all laptops don't work right.  Some involve more adventures
>> > than others.
> Thinkpads generally just work.

I agree.  I currently have a ThinkPad E520 and previously had an R33.
Both work well with Linux.  In fact, my first Linux experience was on a
ThinkPad, back when I was with IBM.  It was Mandrake, IIRC.  The only
issue I had was getting the token ring PCMCIA card to work.  I had to
change one line in a file and then it was fine.