[GTALUG] installing linux while retaining Windows 10

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 08:23:06 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-06 08:21 AM, Daniel Villarreal wrote:

> I personally think that we're better off moving tasks to open-source
> software, doing things like getting this functioning...
> https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20573

What, getting specific old PiXMA drivers going? Forget it: even Canon
barely support existing printers on Windows and OS X. Their internals
are weird and proprietary.

I was pleasantly surprised over the holidays to be able to join two home
networks of relatives, and have their wireless printers be
auto-discovered and "just work" with Linux. Epson and HP deserve some
respect for this.

cheers,
 Stewart