[GTALUG] installing linux while retaining Windows 10

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:21:08 UTC 2016

On 01/05/16 23:08, William Park wrote:
>>>...will Windows 10 boot from an external USB drive?
 >>> ...  option... put the 2nd drive in an external USB enclosure.
>>
>> No it won't.  At least not in general.  I suspect the
>> enterprise/educational 'windows to go' version are the only ones that can.
>> So since it is a faeture of some versions, it must be an artificial
>> limitation Microsoft chose to implement...

There's an article on this at www dot howtogeek dot com

I personally think that we're better off moving tasks to open-source
software, doing things like getting this functioning...
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20573

I'm in the process of trying this with the latest WINE software...

regards,
Daniel Villarreal