[GTALUG] great boxing week ultrabook deal

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:05:59 UTC 2016

On 5 January 2016 at 11:47, Giles Orr <gilesorr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yup, same laptop, same OS, same problems.  I've mostly kept the screen
> at the native resolution and found ways to increase the font sizes in
> Firefox and xterm.

I'm not sure what you did, but what worked amazing for me was going to
"System Settings" > "Screen Display" and moving the "Scale for menu
and title bars" to "2".  It sounds like it should only be affecting
what it says, but it seemed to make pretty much everything work
properly.  Both Chrome and Firefox will make use of that setting.
(unfortunately it doesn't seem to apply to the initial login screen,
though)