[GTALUG] installing linux while retaining Windows 10

Darryl Moore darryl at moores.ca
Mon Jan 4 18:05:49 UTC 2016

On 16-01-04 05:20 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> I've tried installing Win7 from original DVDs into a VirtualBox VM --
> now I just get a message that I'm a criminal ("This copy of Windows is
> not genuine"), with frequent popup reminders.  My mileage varied, your
> mileage may vary too.
>
> - --Bob.

Interesting. Just fired up mine after a few months. All is well. Did
some OS updates, and still good. I'll put it to bed now, probably for a
few more months.

Did you try activating it with your license key? What happens then? I
had the same issue on a previous laptop, and the software required me to
even call microsoft which I did, and the activation worked.

cheers,
darryl