[GTALUG] VOIP setup

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:31:28 UTC 2016

On 2 January 2016 at 16:15, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:
> Something I haven't been able to do: Call one phone from another using
> voip.ms. Each phone (analog, VOIPphone or SIP client) has its own
> sub-account on voip.ms, and I've assigned "Internal extensions" to
> each. But I haven't figured out how to call an internal extension.
> This wasn't available with the POTS we had before, so it's not a loss
> in functionality, but it would be nice to get that working. Any hints?

I have this working.  You just dial the extension you set up.  All the
extensions start with "10" and then can be whatever you like after
that.  So, I just dial "105" and the person with that extension set up
gets called.  The restriction is that both you and the person you're
contacting have to be on the same VOIP.ms server.

Any way, I discovered that voip.ms says you aren't supposed to be
charged for voip.ms to voip.ms calls even if you use the external
phone number. (though, I haven't tested it out)