[GTALUG] Getting debian "dwww" to work on Ubuntu Studio

sciguy sciguy at vex.net
Sun Feb 21 20:37:52 UTC 2016

What finally worked came from an ubuntu forum dated some time last year:
1. send this command to apache:
    sudo a2enmod cgi
My server responded with a warning, but then ended with
    Enabling module cgi.

2. Restart apache
    sudo service apache2 restart
Once again, I got a warning, but the web browser began to do the right
thing. In fact, those directories and symbolic links I made earlier were
for nothing. It doesn't need /cgi-bin, even though it's in the URL, for
example. It also doesn't appear to need a link to /usr, since it looks
like there's a more secure way to access the manpages also.

Thanks, Stewart for your help

Paul