[GTALUG] Getting debian "dwww" to work on Ubuntu Studio

sciguy sciguy at vex.net
Sun Feb 21 08:23:04 UTC 2016

I have Ubuntu Studio on which Debian "dwww" is installed. I needed to
fix some directories by adding symbolic links to get everything to work.
But for now, if I click on a command to see its manpage or
documentation, I am asked to download the gzipped file. It is not
uncompressing and converting to html. I imagine it should do something
if it is appending

?type=man

to all of the links. But I don't see a script to run the CGI query.
There are none in the dwww directory, nor under dwww/cgi-bin (to
non-Debian users, that's http://hostname/dwww). There was never a
cgi-bin directory at any rate. I actually had to create one so the links
to the manpages wouldn't break, but there are no scripts in there unless
I wrote it, and I didn't write any.

What is this script supposed to be called? There are no clues in the
HTML. Can I download it from somewhere?

pkingman