[GTALUG] Lightdm "Secure Remote connection"

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sun Feb 7 14:25:15 UTC 2016

1. You may need to configure the remote Lightdm to accept incoming XDMCP
connection.  If
    X -query 192.168.0.105
works, then it's accepting.  Search for "XDMCP" keyword.

2. Check the firewall on port 177 and 6000-6010.  No need, if #1 works.
:-)

3. Now, encryption part...  I don't know what "Secure Remote Connection"
means.  It could mean port forwarding via SSH (-X or -Y option).  Or, it
could mean some new features of Lightdm, in which case, check its config
file.
--
William