[GTALUG] KWVoIP meeting, 28 Jan 2016; Linux Conference at Conestoga College, 30 Jan 2016

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Feb 3 22:31:48 UTC 2016

Hi Frank: Sorry, I don't know of any other organizations that gather
together VoIP admins or users, which is why Mojtaba Moodi and I set up
one in Kitchener-Waterloo. There used to be the Toronto Asterisk Users
Group (TAUG), but their web site is down and no-one in GTALUG seems to
know about them.

So far we've had one meeting to introduce ourselves. I think the next
meeting will be to discuss the various VoIP service providers we're
using. For future meetings I hope to get tutorials on self-hosted
telephony exchanges like Asterisk, equipment reviews and demos from
vendors, and maybe set up an Internet telephony network between members.

For anyone who'd like to be included on the mailing list, send me your
e-mail address and I'll have Mojtaba add you to the KWVoIP mailing
list (no Web presence for KWVoIP just yet).

Everyone's invited to our next meeting, around 25 February 2016. It'll
be good to get input from people who are actually working in the
industry.

- --Bob.
bjonkman at sobac.com

Mojtaba Moodi moodi2002 at gmail.com