[GTALUG] Resizing FAT32 filesystem?

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:38:07 EST 2016

On Dec 18, 2016 3:53 PM, "D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk" <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

| From: William Park via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/09/parted-command-examples

I usually use gparted: GUIs are sometimes easier for one-off tasks.

<snip>

Booting Windows repairs the damage.  So this is the most effective way
of shrinking.

When I was first migrating linux onto M$ boxn my little mantra was defrag,
dump, resize, restore.
Didn't always work the magic correctly tho. :-(

I never tried to shrink windows more than 50%, so I can't say for certain
how much a fat partition may be shrunk.

On the bright side, I realized I could usually clone the drive, switch
jumpers to the new master and tool my way around. I use to lug two or three
drives around with me for such times.

---
Talk Mailing List
talk at gtalug.org