[GTALUG] EverNote Alternatives for the Linux User

Brad Fonseca brad.fonseca at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:40:18 EST 2016

Hello!

I'm sure members of this forum have heard of this but I just found out
that Evernote has updated their privacy policy
(<https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/235660588>) to allow "some
Evernote employees to exercise oversight of machine learning
technologies applied to account content, subject to the limits described
below, for the purposes of developing and improving the Evernote
service." The notice goes on to say, "While our computer systems do a
pretty good job, sometimes a limited amount of human review is simply
unavoidable in order to make sure everything is working exactly as it
should."
(<http://www.computerworld.com/article/3150469/cloud-computing/evernote-changes-its-privacy-policy-and-once-again-alarms-its-users.html>)

I was wondering if there are any Linux-friendly alternatives to Evernote
that members of this forum would recommend? Ideally, I would want
"cloud" access so I can add notes both from an Android app and from a
web browser app. There are other features, like image capture, which
would be nice but I know that can be replicated in other ways. The
caveat would be that my information is encrypted or secured from the
issue above. Is this even possible?

Thanks,

Brad

--