[GTALUG] Wheezy no longer accepts my passwords to open /home and /mnt partitions on boot

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:37:18 EST 2016

If debian uses cryptsetup  (or equiv) to set up /dev/mapper/???
​(​
then mount
​ off mapper​
​)​
, you may want to manually
​ use ​
cryptsetu
​p. I am not sure if you are using GUI or the system automates the process,
but I think you have to establish the fail point.
​Also look in dmesg for any hints (if you haven't already). If password
isn't being accepted at cryptsetup point, then would seem its either now
looking at wrong file part. or in changing something, you killed the file
part.
​Don't be running any "repair" on a file system if the failure is a the
setup point.​

​
-tl