[GTALUG] Experience Upgrading From Fedora 24 to Fedora 25

Marc Lijour marc at lijour.net
Tue Dec 6 22:19:43 EST 2016

Is it better to have RHEL instead of Fedora as a regular desktop if
you're a dev?
Red Hat is giving out free (as in beer) versions for devs:

On 2016-12-06 04:55 PM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> Odd follow up to this.
>
> While doing that T-420, I also performed the upgrade on my daily
> laptop. Although what I failed to notice was that I jumped directly
> from 23 => 25, skipping 24. D'oh!
>
> Thankfully, the transition went very well from my perspective. Been
> running the last whole week without issues. This is with third-party
> repos like RPM Fusion, Dropbox, Chrome, Adobe, and some Fedora COPR
> repos as well.
>
> Your millage may very, but it interesting to see the result in my case.
>

> On 27/11/16 03:12 PM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
>> On 24/11/16 07:12 PM, CLIFFORD ILKAY via talk wrote:
>>> I just followed the directions here
>>> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade> to upgrade from 24
>>> to 25. Within 20 minutes, I had a flawlessly working system. I'm very
>>> impressed.
>>
>> I have a little do nothing arm system stashed away that I only interact
>> with remotely.
>>
>> https://linux-sunxi.org/Mele_A1000
>> Allwinner A10 single core with 512MB of RAM.
>>
>> I did the initial install on Fedora 23, previously upgraded this way to
>> 24, and just yesterday to 25. All remotely, rebooting without hiccup.
>>
>> I've also done the 23 => 24 Jump on a T-420 thinkpad I own. And will
>> likely do the 24 => 25 jump after posting this.

*Marc Lijour*
Email:marc at lijour.net <mailto:marc at lijour.net>
Ring:3e447c5477143b7c881c0730c152f8f0678501e5Join the Ring!
<http://ring.cx>
Skype:marclijour
Phone: *+1 647 384 7746 *