[GTALUG] implementing "dropbox requests" + encryption

Matt Price moptop99 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 08:57:54 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to finally wean myself off my Dropbox habit.  This will
probably involve  a self-hosted sparkleshare or nextcloud installation,
though I haven't really sussed out the alternatives yet.

One feature of Dropbox that I use a lot is the "Requests" function, which
lets people with a link upload documents to a folder in my dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/9090

It has been extremely convenient for me in many ways, but some of the stuff
I've been requesting is actually a little sensitive, and should be
encrypted.  I'd like to set up a similar system to DB Requests, but which
encrypts the uploaded files automatically with my public key, or something
similar. Has anyone implemented a system of this kind? Any hints on how to
do it?

Thanks!

Matt