[GTALUG] Setting up a VM host

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Aug 29 13:54:46 EDT 2016

| From: Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| If someone wrote emulation of the old matsushita or panasonic or mitsumi
| cdrom interfaces it might work, but why would anyone bother?

I'm a bit of collector of antique systems (hoarder, more accurately).  This
would be less burdensome if I could collect just the software and not
the hardware.

More generally, we are losing access to our past technology at an
alarming rate but only the hardware actually deteriorates.  If we could
reliably run ancient systems, a lot of the risks could be reduced.