[GTALUG] Setting up a VM host

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 29 12:31:22 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 02:33:10PM -0400, Mike via talk wrote:
> I second the vote for qemu-kvm.  It seems to be the swiss army knife.  The
> only thing I've wanted to do with it that I haven't been able to is to boot
> 1994 Yggdrasil Linux.

Well it will boot the floppy, but it doesn't seem to like real ide
cdrom drives.  That kernel is just a bit too old.

Trying to fake it with other methods doesn't seem to finish booting.
No idea why.

If someone wrote emulation of the old matsushita or panasonic or mitsumi
cdrom interfaces it might work, but why would anyone bother?

--
Len Sorensen