[GTALUG] Setting up a VM host

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:37:37 EDT 2016

If I wanted to set up a host for a bunch of headless VMs, what's the
OS/Hypervisor to run these days?  I'm doing this out of curiosity and
for testing purposes.  I don't exactly have appropriate hardware - an
i5 with 16GB of memory - but it should be sufficient to run 5-10 VMs
for my very limited purposes (private network, none of the VMs will be
public-facing).  QEMU/KVM looks like the best choice for a FOSS
advocate?  Other recommendations?  I could particularly use a good
HOWTO or tutorial if anyone knows of one.  Thanks.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr at gmail.com