[GTALUG] Fwd: Bell Fibe -- thoughts?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 24 10:20:30 EDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 09:14:50PM -0400, Alex Beamish via talk wrote:
> I've had a persistent salesman at my door promoting Bell Fibe, so I thought
> I'd better canvass TLUG members to find out if anyone's using it, and what
> their feedback is.
>
> I'm currently on ADSL through TekSavvy, and that's been working fine for
> the last year -- it's about half the cost of Sympatico, gives me lots more
> bandwidth, and has a 300G monthly cap compared to Bell's 60G. Bell Fibe is
> unlimited (sic).

I use Teksavvy to get a 25Mbps VDSL2 link (which is what Bell Fibe uses
in most areas that are not brand new, which would imply fiber to the home,
where as I get fiber to the node down the street).  The cap is 400GB on
my plan which I think I have exceeded once or twice in 5 or so years.

I have read enough horror stories about Sympatico to not want to have
anything to do with their billing department or support.

So unless you want Bell's TV service, I would stick with teksavvy even
if you do want the higher VDSL2 speed Fibe provides.  Teksavvy also
has the option of static IPs and offer IPv6 as well, neither of which
Bell offers.

--
Len Sorensen