[GTALUG] FPD-Link adapter kits

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Aug 23 10:52:04 EDT 2016

| From: Russell Reiter via talk <talk at gtalug.org>

| Has anyone tried out the LCD adapter kits like this one on ebay.
|
| http://m.ebay.com/itm/121124750917?_mwBanner=1

Not me.  But thanks for posting this.  I'm mildly interested because of
two projects that I never get around to.

1) I bought a Kobo Arc 7 HD on boxing day ($40 from Factory Direct),
thinking I might butcher it for its 1920x1200 IPS screen and using it for
a raspberry pi.  But it seems like a shame since the tablet actually
works OK.

I assume that the interface in the kobo is LVDS.  The ebay ad says the
board support resolutions up to 2048X1152 (that's 2359296 pixels) and
I assume that it would support 1920x1200 (2304000 pixels).

2) A few years ago I bought an Asus 15.6" notebook.  I like most of it
but the screen is nasty (tn, 1366x768).  I looked into replacing the
screen with a higher res one but all the places that sold replacement
screens refused to even suggest a screen that would work in the Asus.

This problem is the reverse of the other one: I want a laptop's video
chain to support a better panel.  As far as I can tell, Asus never
sold a version of this notebook with a higer resolution screen so
there may be things missing that are required to do so.

(Isn't it sad that the quality and resolution of the 15.6" notebook
($400) is so much less that of the 7" tablet ($40).)