[GTALUG] FPD-Link adapter kits

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 12:17:48 EDT 2016

Has anyone tried out the LCD adapter kits like this one on ebay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121124750917?_mwBanner=1

My friend surprised the heck out of himself when he bought a raspberry pi
and was able to get it working on his own. HDMI works fine for connecting
to his TV. He just needed a little help with a RTC setup.

I have a couple of old LCD screens and thought this might be an interesting
breakout project.

These suppliers all ask for the LCD model and say they will provide the
proper cable and firmware. My feeling is that the cable may be pin adapted
for their board but a bit of modification is also necessary for the
firmware to display correctly.

I have three others from the same manufacturer which is Toshiba. Actually
two are the ones Peter put up on the list for tinkering some time ago. All
over heaters.

The oldest is stripped bare and boots SOAS from a flash drive. It is the
only on which will run without a battery.

The other plan for refloating the MB was kiboshed by my SO, so no joy,
except that I salvaged the CD and LCD, perhaps for this project.

I have the data sheet for that LCD.

LG LP156WH1 tl c2

Thanks,
Russell