[GTALUG] TP-LINK TL-WR810N (Was: (question) TP-Link TL-WR802N)

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Sat Aug 13 10:20:04 EDT 2016

Peter,

Nice find.

Looks like support has landed in Trunk (which will become the next
stable release in the future)
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr810n

The USB port does support data.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WR810N.html#overview

And NewEgg has it on special for $25 dollars at the moment.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704290CVF

... and ordered one.

Really, can't wait till trickle down brings 5Ghz to devices like these.
I personally want to abandon the 2.4Ghz spectrum due to over crowding.
There are only 4 AP's in the 5Ghz bands near my apartment, and there is
no competition because of how wide the spectrum is.