[GTALUG] (question) TP-Link TL-WR802N 300Mbps Wireless-N Nano Router

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 12 22:30:59 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 08:59:46PM -0400, James Knott via talk wrote:
> That is exactly what that D-Link will do in Client mode.  It will
> connect one or more Ethernet devices via WiFi to the router.

James, since you have this DAP-1350...

Suppose Device-A is connected to your DAP, which is in "client mode" and
is connected to a main router.  The main router has another Device-B
connected to it.
    - Does Device-A get its IP from DAP or the main router?
    - Can Device-B connect to Device-A?  Usually, in NAT, Device-A can
      go out and connect to Device-B, but not the other way around.

"client bridge" should act like 1-port ethernet switch connected to the
main router via long cable.  What I want, of course, is to replace this
long cable with wifi.  But, function and usage are the same.
--
William