[GTALUG] (question) TP-Link TL-WR802N 300Mbps Wireless-N Nano Router

James Knott james.knott at rogers.com
Fri Aug 12 09:59:53 EDT 2016

On 08/12/2016 09:46 AM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> From what I understand so far, William can correct me, he wants
> Scenario 1, where its a transparent bridge. I've been re-acquainting
> myself with this all morning.
>
> While it can still be called confusingly 'bridged client mode', the
> specific term is a WDS client.

I've also wondered exactly what he wants.  If he wants a WiFi "bridge",
that is a device that extends WiFi range, then this device won't do it.
My home access point, the TL-WA901ND will, as will my Asus wl-330ge
portable access point.  If he wants to connect an Ethernet device or
network to existing WiFi, then the D-Link is fine