[GTALUG] cheap Raspberry Pi, today only

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Aug 4 13:26:07 EDT 2016

I'm very happy with the RPi 3 that I bought recently from
https://thepihut.com/ (taking advantage of the post-Brexit drop in the
pound ;-) )

I use it as a cord-cutting media centre. Handles Plex Media Server, samba,
sab and torrent agents without breaking a sweat. Sometimes Plex's
transcoding can bog it down but otherwise quite nice.

On 4 August 2016 at 18:57, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> Newegg.ca has two or three "Shell Shocker(TM)" deals each day.
> Sometimes they are pretty good.
>
> Today, one is a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B for $42.90 + shipping and tax.
>
> Ground shipping is $7.99 but you can probably use "InPost" shipping
> which should be free.  InPost will ship it to a locker of your
> choosing.  For me, the locker is very convenient (in a Loblaws site a
> short walk from home).
>
> Canada Robotix (a store in Markham) sells the RPi3 for $53.99.
> Creatron on College sells it for $53.50.

Evan Leibovitch
Geneva, CH

Em: evan at telly dot org
Sk: evanleibovitch