[GTALUG] Android <--> KDE = KDE Connect

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Aug 3 13:03:35 EDT 2016

On 08/03/2016 03:07 AM, William Park via talk wrote:
> Something I discovered recently... KDE Connect.
>     - install "KDE Connect" app on Android phone.
>     - modern KDE desktop should come with "KDE Connect" (System Settings
>       | Hardware).
>
> It "pairs" Android phone and KDE desktop together, so that you can
>     - remote control mouse/keyboard from phone.  When you type on the
>       phone or touch the screen, it shows up as keystrokes or mouse
>       movement on desktop, respectively.
>     - transfer files from phone to desktop.
>     - transfer files from desktop to phone.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work
>       on Slackware, but works on Kubuntu and KaOS.

Yeah, it's really handy, and the file transfers are way more convenient
and reliable (network over sshFS) then USB or bluetooth.

I started a thread on it last December, you can seem my notes on setting
up on Fedora (needed a firewall tweak then, but was straight forward).

https://gtalug.org/pipermail/talk/2015-December/002324.html

May favorite feature was when it would pause/unpause my music when I
start and end a phone call.

--
Scott Sullivan