[GTALUG] Advice -- Building Debian 8 PC To Replace Win XP PC;

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Aug 2 10:33:47 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 11:07:06AM -0400, Steve Petrie, P.Eng. via talk wrote:
> Based on earlier GTALUG advice (from Lennart) that the front door on the
> Fractal Design case (if closed) is inviting a self-ejecting optical drive to
> destroy itself, I already decided to drop the Fractal Design case(with its
> front door) and I'm going to investigate Lennart's suggested substitution:
> Silverstone TJ04-E.

Hmm, I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere at the moment (well amazon
has it for an insane $300).  It may have been discontinued.  It was
released about 4 years ago as a follow up to the TJ04 which was around
a number of years.

> I couldn't find the exact critical review from which you got the critical
> review snippet, but the damage to the case, and the lack of SSD mount space,
> just confirm my decision to drop the Fractal Design case.

Well adapters for 3.5 to 2.5" are not expensive, but it certainly is
handy if the case already has mounting spots for SSDs that work.

--
Len Sorensen