[GTALUG] Printers

Tim Tisdall tisdall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 15:30:01 EDT 2016

I can't seem to find it being sold any more, but I'm really happy with my
OKI C110 which I have hooked up via USB to my router which is running
OpenWRT and can route print jobs with p910nd.  It means I can print with
anything that can use the standard printer driver (linux and Windows) and I
just have to point it to the TCP address.  It also means it's a lot cheaper
because the printer only has a USB port (It's a $99 colour laser printer).

I've also used the Brother DCP-7065DN (which has a wired ethernet
interface) and that works well with Linux.  It doesn't do colour, but it
has a page scanner with a sheet feeder.  I was able to use the SimpleScan
program in linux over a network to scan (even with the sheet feeder!).
Brother provides linux driver binaries.  Staples seems to have it now for
$179.