[GTALUG] today's fun fact [was Re: Ubuntu Release Parties [was: Toronto Homebrew Hosting Club on Thursday at 7:30pm]]

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:25:40 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-20 03:34 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> I would guess that few city dwellers know this but it is pretty
> evident out in the country (wherever that is these days).

As a concession* to being remotely on topic, an early example of system
incompatibility can be found along Victoria Park Avenue. Vic Park is
where the two survey teams met — one from the east, the other from the
west — and they didn't quite join up. That's why almost every major (or
older) east-west road has a little wiggle at Vic Park.

cheers,
 Stewart

*: you saw what I did there, I hope.