[GTALUG] beware CherryTrail and BayTrail systems

phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca
Sat Apr 16 12:43:24 EDT 2016

> - Acer Aspire E11 (ES1-11M-c0fq) notebook (64-bit Windows)
>

> All these were about $200 or less -- kind of appealing.
>
> Good Linux experiences:
>
> - The Acer Aspire just worked under Linux.  I don't know why.  I have not
>   tried HDMI-out: sound may not work under Linux.  Sleep and all the
>   other goodies do.  I use it a lot.

I have an Acer Aspire laptop, E5-511-P8C8, setup to dual boot Windows 8.1
(ugh) and Linux Mint.

HDMI out and sound work fine under Linux on this laptop. I can't think of
anything that is problematic.

I used it with a second screen GeChic 'On-Lap Monitor' 2501 series when I
was on holiday in Guatemala and Got Some Real Work Done.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto