[GTALUG] Man deletes his entire company

Mauro Souza thoriumbr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 13:33:49 EDT 2016

I saw this on Slashdot and on serverfault. He was using Ansible at the
time, and all remote backups were mounted at that time, and wiped clean too.

Yes, catastrophic mistake, but he could recover almost all data with
testdisk. I recovered a disk for a colleague once, could recover almost
95%. A journaled filesystem is very good for recovering things.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.