[GTALUG] [OT] first stanza in css not understood

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Apr 3 10:12:22 UTC 2016

| From: Paul King <sciguy at vex.net>

| Thanks for your help. I didn't know that // wasn't a comment, my VIM editor
| seemed to highlught it that way, and it also seemed harmless as long as the CSS
| was still inside the HTML file. It seems that the checking is more strict if
| the code is in its own file.

The following is based on uneducated guessing.  HTML is an area that I
stay away from.

HTML renderers are used to accepting crap and doing the best they can.
It's part of the culture.

If you want to check for errors, use some verifier: something tasked
with being picky.  It used to be that "validator" was useful.
<https://validator.w3.org/>
<https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/>