[GTALUG] question -- how to boot from USB with multiple ISOs?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Sep 29 14:22:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 09:42:47AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> If you assume UEFI, can the problem be solved generically?

Given many things won't boot on UEFI, I would say it certainly can't.

The big problem is that the thing you are booting probably expects to
see an optical drive and you aren't providing it with one (except in
the case of isostick it seems).

> (I've not found UEFI firmware to be consistent about how one selects
> what to boot.  See, for example, message 2 in
> <https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkServer-Towers/help-with-TS140-bios-and-uefi/m-p/2176751>.)

I have encountered rather odd UEFI designs that did not boot stuff that
should have worked.

--
Len Sorensen