[GTALUG] Using (Tomato) Linux (Router) as Web Proxy Server.

Peter Renzland renzland at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 19:21:09 UTC 2015

Request for help:
Using (Tomato) Linux (Router) as Web Proxy Server.

I remotely manage several Tomato networks.

I would like to connect to the ISP's Usage Data web page, from the remote network, to check the remote network's data usage.

I'd also like to run the ISP-specific (web browser) speed test from the remote network, to check the remote network's data rates.

These seem like very ordinary, simple things to want to do.
I'd like to find someone who has actually done these things, and who can help me do them.
(I have found dozens of "how-to" web pages that don't work for me. But I have not found anyone who has said

"I do this all the time, and here is how I do it". Instead, I have found many people who have said "I have never done this, and I won't try to do it myself it, but you should try this ....")

Being able to do a web search on "my IP" and get the remote (proxy) host's IP address is really all need.

So, if there is someone who actually has done this, please help!
Thank you very much.

[Mac OS X, Google-Chrome, Tomato Shibby 131 AIO]

-- Peter